Not focusing on the details: 3 years today!

While grocery shopping last night I was talking to my mom on the phone. 

"Wow I can't believe you guys have been married for three years now"
"I know right? Its just flown by"

__

We started talking about my wedding and I made a passing comment about how I wish I would have cared more about some of the details, one specifically the flowers we had in the aisle. 

 I specifically remember going to a florist in California while we were wedding planning, I picked out my bouquet but knew I would want other flowers for the aisle and literally just told the florist "just put some flowers together, whatever you think will be pretty, something colorful". 
And I just left it at that. 

I literally didn't have a preference at that moment in time and looking back i *could* have put more time into the picking out of my flowers... but something my mom said last night struck me... 

"The reason your wedding was so great was because you *didn't* care about all those little things. You cared about being with the people you love and when it comes down to it, no one remembers the flowers, they remember the experience of that weekend...".

So true. 
The little details didn't matter. 
We spent three days in California with our friends and family. 
We kept it small and focused on creating experiences like waking up and having coffee with family, spending hours talking by the fire, and throwing frisbees on the beach with friends.

We focused on two families becoming one, and then after that fateful walk on the beach, we became one. 


Three years today I've been married to my best friend, my husband, and I'm so thankful for each day with him. 














No comments:

Post a Comment