Kurt & Katie Cavender | Wedding


Katie and Kurt. 

It was their moment. 

Standing up on stage, in front of their family and friends. They didn't have to worry about what was next, if they were forgetting something or thinking " don't trip, don't trip!" . 

It was the the two of them. 
Standing across from each other, looking straight in the others' eyes and focusing on what the day is truly about. 

Two people, exchanging vows, and committing to each other for the rest of their lives. 

It was her favorite part of  the day.


____


And now... their wedding in photos. Enjoy!







































 I love when couples want to add on a little something extra to make their photos unique. Right after their wedding, the three of us went downtown and spent an hour just walking the town and getting some amazing shots on their wedding day! They were met with plenty of smiles and congratulations as they strolled in their wedding garb, and we got some of my favorite shots of the day. 











Happy Marriage you two!



_________

BIG SURPRISE!
_________


Its the biggest faux pas you can pull. 

Showing up to your friends wedding without a gift

Yes, technically she hired me to be there as her photographer... but I've been friends with the bride, Katie for over 6 years, we've been to Africa together, sung on stage at OC and spent hours in each others apartments watching the office and talking about how everyone else was married but we weren't going to settle. 

So yes. Party foul.
But there I stood, on her beautiful Texan wedding day, realizing I had no gift in my hand... except my camera... that also. captured. video.
And then it hit me. 

I was in a unique situation to capture not only her day through photos, but also capture snippets of video as we went. 

I didn't tell her on her big day, so this is a total surprise. 

And so, my dear friend Katie, here is my gift to you, your wedding photos sprinkled with a bit of moving-magical-movie love. Thank you so much for letting me come and be a part of  you big day. You were a beautiful bride and I wish nothing but the best to you and Kurt.


Song is from their first dance together: Blueriver



Book your wedding at www.jenn-wagner.com 

1 comment:

  1. What a great blog, Jenn. You certainly captured the moment...love all of the photos. You had some very unique poses which I love. Kurt & Katie must be very pleased with the video you provided them with...the best gift of all. You continue to amaze me with what you have done with your photography business. Love you, Joanne

    ReplyDelete