Sedona Wedding, Sophia and Josh


We sat at Chopshop in Downtown Chandler just a couple months before these two were getting married. We sipped coffee and munched on goodies and as soon as she said it, I felt an instant connection to this sweet couple sitting before me whom I had just met minutes before... "We were planning a huge Cali wedding with all the big things, and then we decided to scrap that and instead focus on our marriage." 

If you didn't know, I had a small wedding with just my closest family and friends. It was an intimate destination wedding on the beach and it was everything we ever wanted. For us it was perfect, and when Sofia said the exact things that my own hubby and I focused on for our day, it just struck a nerve. I immediately was overwhelmed with excitement, like i HAD to be there for this day. I think I would have crashed it if they hadn't have asked me to photograph it! haha! 

They wanted a small, reverent wedding in Sedona. 

And guys when Kayla and I arrived in Sedona not two months later to capture their day, we watched these two beautiful people devote their lives before Christ, it was everything they ever wanted. I don't even have to ask them if they were happy with how it turned out, because I witnessed it. We watched the day unfold and the smiles galore. I know their wedding went exactly how they envisioned; it was perfect. 

Sophia and Josh, it was such an honor to watch your day unfold and capture this beautiful part of your love story! Thank you for trusting us with the vision of your day! We are so incredibly happy for you guys and see so many years of amazing marriage ahead of you both. 
All our love! - Jenn and Kayla



“It's hard to choose just one part as my favorite because the entire process w It's hard to choose just one part as my favorite because the entire process was a dream. There's a lot of favorite moments for me: getting tea and coffee the morning of with my best friend and maid of honor, getting ready with my best friend and casually figuring out my hair and makeup as we went, my girlfriends getting excited with me right before walking down the aisle, walking behind Josh with his eyes closed so I could get ready for the processional, seeing my grandfather's face when he first saw me in my wedding dress, our vows and witnessing our rings be blessed, walking around the grounds after everyone left the Church to enjoy the sunset against the red rocks, listening to our maid of honor and best man give extremely heartfelt and sweet toasts at our intimate dinner.”- Sophia

I would say that the part that sticks out in my mind most was when I started saying my vows to Sofia.  I was trying super hard not to start crying and made it through the first couple repeats ok, but when I got to the "I will love you and honor you all the days of my life" part I totally lost it and I wasn't sure if she knew what I even said.  To me that part was so important because I deeply want to show up always and forever for Sofia and I was finally able to reiterate that through prayer and sacrament in front of everyone.  It's the part I'm most excited for and the part I want her to understand the most.  I think saying our vows was when our marriage finally felt real to us.”- Josh

 “The moment that is the most vivid to me is when the priest asked Josh and I to turn to one another to say our vows. I was trying to hold it together and Josh already had tears welling in his eyes. As he said his vows, it was like the whole audience disappeared and time stood still. He got really choked up as he said, "I will love you and honor you all the days of my life". I remember hearing the emotion and overwhelming joy in his voice and thinking, "He is my husband" with such a profound feeling of awe and gratitude. It made me so excited to be marrying a kindhearted and genuinely loving man who brings an immense amount of light into my life.” - Sophia
 “The moment that is the most vivid to me is when the priest asked Josh and I to turn to one another to say our vows. I was trying to hold it together and Josh already had tears welling in his eyes. As he said his vows, it was like the whole audience disappeared and time stood still. He got really choked up as he said, "I will love you and honor you all the days of my life". I remember hearing the emotion and overwhelming joy in his voice and thinking, "He is my husband" with such a profound feeling of awe and gratitude. It made me so excited to be marrying a kindhearted and genuinely loving man who brings an immense amount of light into my life.” - Sophia
“ I tried and failed multiple times during the mass not to start crying when I looked at her, but I couldn't help myself.  Everything about her was perfect, not just how she looked in her amazing dress but her happiness at being there, how deeply she stared into my eyes when her grandfather handed her off to me, and when she put her hand into mine to exchange vows.  I felt completely overwhelmed and in awe of Sofia, I still can't believe that we are married and we've been together nearly 5 years now.  She is my person and I love her tremendously.”- Josh


“The florist we worked with was really sweet and incredibly knowledgable about her work! When she dropped off the flowers, she leaned into my mother and I and said, "That little guy over there looks more nervous than the groom". We looked to who she was nodding to and it turned out to be the best man! I had to stop myself from crying from laughter (to preserve my makeup of course, ha!) because Jake is notorious for getting nervous before big events. He always turns out fine during the event, but beforehand, he spends his time pacing and running his hands through his hair, which was a great scene to watch while Josh casually and calmly talked with guests.”- Sophia
 “ I would like to go back and re-live the entire day if possible, but I think that I would probably go back and re-live the first hour of our post-wedding dinner with all our guests.  Most of that day was difficult for me because I couldn't spend time with Sofia, but after the wedding and the photos (which we had a blast taking!) Sofia and I sped back to our hotel and got changed out of our clothes for dinner and made our first casual appearance as a married couple with all of our most beloved people at one table together.  I loved it because I felt like we were functioning as a team and I felt extremely united with her the entire night. “- Josh
Sofia and Josh! Thank you so much for letting us witness the happiest day of your life! It was truly breathtaking and we will never forget it! 
All our best, 
Jenn, Kayla and the Studio Girls





No comments:

Post a Comment