Doubletree wedding in Scottsdale Arizona , Stephen and Julie

His back was to her as she made her way across the grass, I'm sure she felt butterflies, but as Julie walked over to Stephen and tapped his shoulder no nervousness could be seen. As he turned around to see his bride, it was one of the sweetest and most sincere reactions. Total joy for both of them! Their faces lit up completely as if they were the only ones there. This is the reason we love what we do, getting to be behind the scenes to watch the unfolding of this intimate and beautiful moments in life. These one of a kind first looks that only happen on a wedding day! We love these irreplaceable memories!
The rest of the day followed the same joyful suite as Julie and Stephen, surrounded by close family and friends became one and celebrated! Julie absolutely loves the desert so around sunset we headed over to Camelback mountain for some extra unique photos with the couple which made it so personal and gave them a chance to watch the gorgeous sun set over the Arizona valley. Can we just say how much we love that personalization? The best part was that the location I took them to for photos was the place Julie had just gone to the day before with her family for a run. Making that spot even more personal and memorable!  Their reception had personal touches revolving around hockey, the sport that brought them together and it was so sweetly done! The entire bridal party ushered them in under a welcoming line of hockey sticks, and personalized pucks were at each table. We could not have loved Julie and Stephen more and they are so perfect for each other! Congrats you two! 
Such a great team of vendors came together to make this day such a beauty! Many thanks to the following for your artistry and your vision! 
Wedding Coordinators: Vermilion Events
Videographer: Serendipity Cinema
Dress: Pronovias at  Schaffers
Rings: Kay Jewelers
Live Band: Sapphire Sky
Grooms Outfitting: Nick's Menswear
Paper Goods: Invitation Station
Hair: EClaire Hair


Photographers: Jenn Wagner Studio

“My favorite time of the day was when Stephen and I did our first look.  I wasn't feeling anxious until about an hour before that, and I couldn't wait to see him.  The moment that I walked up to him my heart was pounding and I was so nervous because it was the first time all day that I had been alone to really think about everything.  As soon as he turned around and we hugged and kissed all that nervous energy turned into pure excitement and I knew this was going to be the best day ever.  It was so nice having a few moments to ourselves to just laugh and smile and be us.” - Julie
“If I could re-live 1 hour of the day it would be the time leading up to, and the first look. It was the biggest moment of the day for me. I think I was looking forward to that moment more than the actual ceremony because I knew once I saw her in that dress it was all real. It was the moment I was waiting for all my life. That moment, and time in the day is one I will never forget, but went by in a flash.” - Stephen
“I could not be happier with the way everything turned out!  I am a very indecisive person about almost everything, so when it was time to choose wedding colors I didn't know what to do.  I decided to go with neutrals so that way if I changed my mind to a color it would match.  Ultimately we ended up sticking with the grays, whites, and neutral tones and I loved it!  I think it is a classic look that will never go out of style and really made everything look so nice together. Stephen wanted to add a hint of blue with the guys' ties, which really brought out some blue undertones of the girls' dresses. For the florals I wanted that timeless look and something that would pop next to the girls' dresses.  I was a little sad that our wedding didn't have many Arizona elements (such as cacti) so I made sure to incorporate them into our bouquets by having succulents! I love succulents! The rest of the details were all hockey related and I loved all of them.  Looking back I am so glad that we incorporated the hockey pucks as table numbers, the jerseys as our "guest book" and the use of hockey sticks for our grand entrance.  Hockey is what brought us together and something we both love, and it helped make our beautiful wedding a little unique and really feel like us.” - Julie
What didn't I love?  She is perfect. She was stunning in that dress. Once I saw that smile walking down the isle toward me I felt a feeling I had never felt before. I guess what I loved the most was that she chose me to spend forever with.”- Stephen
“As soon as I got up to the chuppah, the first thing Stephen said to me under his breath was, "There's a bee in here. Don't freak out." I looked up and there was a HUGE bee buzzing so loudly right above us!  All of the bridal party and our parents saw it too and my dad even let out a chuckle at one point.  I was trying to focus on Stephen and the ceremony but every so often felt my gaze wander up to the bee and I started thinking of what I was going to do if it came near me.  Every time the bee got louder someone looked at it or cracked a smile.  Thankfully the bee didn't hurt anyone but it definitely makes me laugh when I think about how much chaos that bee could have caused!” - Julie
\
“Smashing the glass and getting to yell, "Mazel Tov!!" Having a Jewish ceremony was very important to Julie, and I was on board with whatever she wanted on her special day. When she told me I got to smash the glass it was something I was so excited to do! Knowing how important it is in the Jewish tradition just made it that much better.”- Stephen 

"From the day we met Jenn we just knew she was going to be the best person to capture our day!  She was so sweet and bubbly the whole time and made us feel so comfortable.  At our first meeting when we talked about our love of hockey and the possibility of doing engagement photos on the ice she was so excited and without hesitation started thinking of all the creative things we could do! Jenn got on ice skates and skated around taking some amazing photos for us, and then stood outside in the 90 degree heat to take pictures again on the mountain. On our wedding day I cannot even tell you how many compliments we got about Jenn and Dusty.  Everyone loved their creativity and how happy they truly were. (Plus they showed up in matching outfits which was super cute).  One of my friends even commented that she wishes she would have found them for her wedding last year! They were both so happy and cheerful and I felt like they were our cheerleaders that kept telling us how great we were doing even when we felt like we were silly or awkward.  When we mentioned to Jenn that we wanted to leave after the ceremony and take pictures at the mountain she was all on board and even scoped out the perfect location for us!  She was so willing to do whatever crazy idea we had and turn it into something magical.  We've only seen a handful of our wedding pictures so far but they bring the biggest smile to our faces every time because they are so stunning!" - Julie and Stephen


 See more at www.jenn-wagner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment