Colin and Staci - Mountain Engagement Session

By the time we left the mountain I felt like I had known Colin and Staci as a couple for a year! They banter back and forth like they've already been married for years and have an ease about them that makes you feel like its just always been like this. Them. A couple. Together, it just works and I am so happy for my sweet friend Staci who is marrying the love of her life this fall in Las Vegas! We had a blast taking these engagement photos and it was clear from the beginning how much these two are meant to be. I love asking couples to share their stories, and Colin's response to when they first said I Love You had me laughing and tearing up! So sweet! Enjoy! 

 This is going to get me in so much trouble, but I can't remember when we dropped the first "I Love You"... I'm the worst! But I can tell you she's stuck with me forever because I love that girl more than words can explain.” - Colin
“About a month and a half after we started dating, I went on a trip to a music festival with some college friends for the weekend. I ended up on the phone with him the whole time, texting him, and talking about him. Thinking back, it must have been nauseating to be around. When I got home, I cried and told him how much I missed him. I couldn’t stop crying, it was ridiculous. He laughed at me, hugged me and said he missed me too. I knew the only reasonable options were that  love that I loved him or I was insane.” - Staci

“Colin and I had been trying to go skiing for months because he has been trying to learn but we had been so busy through the fall and winter. We previously had tried to go up in January, but the weather was bad and the mountain didn’t open that day, I later learned he was trying to propose that day. So, flash forward to February (which happen to be our 2.5 year anniversary, if you count those things) we finally made it .  In the afternoon, a storm was coming in and I told him we should get going home. He asked if we could do one more run. As we got to the top of the run, Colin ask if we could take a picture. I was being a brat, because I just wanted to go home, but agreed anyway. He got out of his skis (which btw is completely unnecessary for a picture). I wasn’t paying attention until, I notice that he had taken his gloves off and still wasn’t in his skis after the photo. Being the brat I was I asked what he was doing again, then he got down on his knee. I kept asking what he was doing, more frantically. He asked me to hang out with him forever and marry him. I obviously said yes! He had brought my grandmothers ring with him. He put it on my finger. We took another photo; you know, for proof it happened. Then he asked for the ring back. Cause he didn’t trust me not to drop it in the snow skiing down the hill. The perfect end to the proposal!” - Staci


She's an insanely talented, smart, driven goofball. Staci always fights the good fight when it's necessary, but never takes herself too seriously when it counts. Her drive to always work hard and improve shines through in everything she does, but that doesn't stop her from cracking the dumbest, and best, jokes at home to keep things light. Staci is the perfect balance of business and party!” -Colin

Our first kiss happened on our first date. We went to OHSO Brewery and had a great time. Colin walked me to my car, we talked for a few more minutes and then he went in for a kiss but missed my face. I laughed and asked “what was that?’ I felt bad after I said it because I didn’t want to embarrass this guy that I really liked, but then out of nowhere he said “can I try again?” It was a successful kiss that time!” - Staci


See more at www.jenn-wagner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment