Andre + Annah | Engagement at Desert Botannical Gardens

They laughed, they hugged, and then he took her to get margaritas. 
It was the perfect engagement session with Annah and Andre. This couple truly knows each other and they have so much fun together. I loved hearing how they told their story about meeting, falling in love, and special moments together. I cannot wait for their beautiful wedding day!

_____

"There are so many moments where I think back and say, man that is when I knew I loved her. I would have to say It was before our one year anniversary (dating) and I had been talking to my mom about her and my mom already loved her. I told her I wanted to do something fun for our 1 year. My mom bought us tickets for the day to fly out to San Diego to go sailing for a few hours. I didn't want to tell Annah what was planned so I just had told her to pack a day bag with some cute stuff. Then blindfolded her. We got to the airport, by then I had to tell her. So as we were waiting for the plane, we were talking, laughing and being silly by sticking out our tongues at each other. In those few minutes I realized that I have a women who is going to go on a trip with me, who is sharing my interests, and is as much of a dork as I am..... I am in love. Because true love is finding someone who you can truly be yourself around." - Andre

"We first met in biology lab during Freshman year of undergrad at ASU. We were in different lab groups, but during one project we were both gathering supplies when he casually walked by behind me and said "I like your hair", then continued to walk away. We never really spoke much after that, though I remember checking him out every once and a while. We found out later that we were both seeing other people at the time, so we weren't really attempting to pursue one-another. The next semester I had my own apartment (I had originally been in the dorms freshman year). I was shopping at Safeway for ingredients for dinner at my housewarming party when I ran into him. He was a barista at the Starbucks. I said hello and asked how he was and talked for a moment, then continued towards the checkout. I was too shy to ask him to come to the party, but then my friend who was with me convinced me to double back and pretend I had to get ice cream so that I could walk by him again and ask him to come over. I  gave him my number and then awkwardly asked if he even remembered what my name was. He didn't remember so we re-introduced ourselves. He ended up coming to the housewarming party (alone - didn't even bring a friend for support!). He made the excuse that since I had cooked dinner I should come over to his place and he'd cook dinner for me. Later that week I went over to his place and met his friends and roommates. He pretended that he had made chicken fettuccine alfredo, when actually it was his friend that made it!! He was just trying to try to impress me."- Annah
"My favorite trip was when we first went to Santa Barbara together. We've visited there a few times, and now have a favorite hotel that we stay at, the Casa Del Mar. It's a tiny bed and breakfast, but they have free wine and cheese each evening and allow dogs (we've taken Andre's dog, Ginger, with us before). While there we explored the beach together and walked to some local restaurants. We even took a nap on the beach together after our wine and cheese hour one day. They had a small hot tub that we had to ourselves to relax in as well. It wasn't a grand adventure, but a nice intimate escape trip for the both of us. "- Annah


I would have to say the proudest moment would be when Annah graduated. It was of this year(2014). It was a very emotional day,everything that she had been working for finally coming to a finish.The past 4 years of being states apart, the long day and nights for her, I know I couldn't of done what she did.(Side story, my mom always had told me I need to be there for her no matter what. Times where I would want to visit her for the weekend but I thought it would be to short of a trip, my mom would tell me, "Annah is the most important thing in your life and in your future." When I went to go to Annah's graduation that weekend my mother was on her death bed, but I knew that if she was able to talk she would of yelled at me that I was not with in Iowa for her graduation. She did pass away later the same day"

Book your session at ww.jenn-wagner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment