Royal Palms Engagement Session | Kelly and Ruben

Its always the couples that arrive to the session and say "We aren't good at taking photos together!", that end up being the best session! Such was the case when Ruby and Kelly showed up at Royal Palms looking stunning!

I think people may have this perception when they look at our Instagram or website, that everyone is like a model, or at least they are really comfortable in front of the camera! This could not be farther from the truth! I would say 95% percent of our couples arrive to their session and feel nervous or tell me how not photogenic they are!

We do get that random super outgoing groom, or ex-model bride that just eats up the camera and knows exactly what to do--- but for the most part its just normal people that have never been photographed professionally together, ever! So this is part of the reason we love the engagement session SO much! It is vital to gaining that level of comfort while being photographed! Plus it is so fun and we learn how you guys interact as a couple, and you guys learn our style and get a feel for what the wedding day photos will be like!

Ruben and Kelly were absolutely adorable together and it was so fun as we all walked around together snapping and chatting about their wedding plans as we went! These two are so comfortable together and when i got back their answers it made even more excited for their wedding day in February! Cannot wait you guys! Thanks for a killer session together!

“I knew I was in love with Ruben 6 months into our relationship. We were in the parking lot of his apartment saying goodbye. He gave me a hug and a kiss and I was overcome with this feeling. I felt relief and happiness. It was true comfort. It was something I haven't felt in past relationships. I just remember feeling really happy and I had this huge smile on my face. At that moment I knew that is what is feels like to love someone.”- Kelly
“Our first kiss was on top of a big hill at the Waste Management Golf Tournament. If you have ever been to the tournament you know there are thousands of people. We had the hill all to ourselves and all of the sudden Ruben kissed me. I was surprised and I wasn't expecting him to do that. I have never been big with PDA, but when he kissed me I didn't care where we were.”- Kelly
“I had no idea that he was going to propose. It was the first weekend of my spring break and Ruben wanted to take a day trip. He suggested we go to Antelope Canyon. We were in a group with a tour guide taking us through the canyon. There were a lot of groups going through so we were moving through pretty quick. We made it through the canyon and we had to go back the same way to get out. Our guide said we couldn't stop on the way back because we didn't have a lot of time. Ruben and I were at the front of the group walking back and all of the sudden Ruben stops and steps aside. I was telling him that we have to keep moving and we didn't have time to take a picture. He told me that he wanted to get one more picture. The tour guide came up and grabbed Ruben's phone and all of the sudden Ruben was pulling something out of his pocket. I remember thinking this is not really happening. I knew right away what he was doing. He got down on one knee in the canyon and asked me to marry him. It was such a surreal moment and I couldn't believe it was happening. The tour guide knew the whole time that he was going to propose so he was ready to take pictures.”- Kelly

“ The first time I said I love you to Kelly was when I was going through a tough time in my life. It was about 6 months into our relationship. She actually said it first when we were in my room late at night after a very rough day. At that moment I knew that she was the one who would be there for me thick and thin. It meant a lot to me that she comforted me while we pulled an all nighter talking about life.” - Ruben







“One of my favorite things about Kelly is that she makes up these silly songs about anything and everything. We can be cleaning up the house and she will sing a song about mopping the floor. They always make me feel special since I am the only one who gets to hear them. She has always been rather shy in public so it makes me happy when I am serenaded at home!” - Ruben


View more and book your session at www.jenn-wagner.com

No comments:

Post a Comment