Andrew + Nadine | Engagement Session!

The way Andrew tells the story of how he knew he was in love with Nadine, gave me goosebumps reading it. I am so thrilled to share their story as I have known Nadine since we were in youth group together many many years ago. Nadine has always been such a sweet soul and its so neat to see that she has found the love of her life in someone as amazing as Andrew. This couple really is meant to be together I feel so blessed to have been asked to be there wedding photographer. 

Thank you Nadine and Andrew for letting me help capture and share your sweet story. I am so incredibly excited for you two as you begin this journey towards life, marriage and happiness together. 

And now, their story in photos and recollections...  
____

Nadine and I began dating towards the end of our second year of physical therapy school with the both of us knowing I was going to leave for Indiana to do my internships sometime in late July – early August 2012. We had been spending more and more time with each other leading up to my trip back to Indiana. Nadine and I, like most couples who are about to have a long distance relationship do, discussed how we would still be able to call, text, skype, and have the occasional trip to see each other whenever we would have breaks and that everything would turn out fine; however, I had this calming sense that there wasn’t anything to worry about and everything really would work out. Then one night in late July we met up with some friends out for some drinks to relax before everyone went their separate ways for internships. Nadine looked so beautiful as she smiled and joked, leaning into me at times and smiling up at me. As I looked at her that night, I knew I was in love with her. On the drive home, I couldn’t wait any longer and I said to her for the first of many, “I love you.”

Before I even started dating Andrew, I was immediately drawn to his character. Andrew is a very likable, helpful, funny, kind, and overall happy person.  Once we began dating, I started to get to know him on a deeper level.  The love he shows for his family, friends, and even strangers drew me closer to him.  The moment I realized that I wanted to marry Andrew was the moment that we had to say goodbye.  Andrew was returning to Indiana for several months for school. When saying goodbye, I knew I was going to miss spending time with my best friend.  I knew from this moment that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with this man.
 
In November, Andrew and I had talked about going on a hike since the whether was so nice. We have always loved going on hikes together in the past.  It was a Saturday morning and Andrew came over early to wake me up so we could head out before sunrise.  When we made it to South Mountain, Andrew and I went on several beautiful hikes.  The day was gorgeous with a light cloud cover.  We then decided to drive to the top of South Mountain, overlooking the city. Andrew brought me to an area that was less crowded.  While I was looking out over the beautiful scenery, I turned around to find Andrew down on one knee.  The rest was a blur but I know I got out the word – Yes!  It was perfect.   
In November, Andrew and I had talked about going on a hike since the whether was so nice. We have always loved going on hikes together in the past.  It was a fall morning and Andrew came over early to wake me up so we could head out before sunrise.  When we made it to South Mountain, Andrew and I went on several beautiful hikes.  The day was gorgeous with a light cloud cover.  We then decided to drive to the top of South Mountain, overlooking the city. Andrew brought me to an area that was less crowded.  While I was looking out over the beautiful scenery, I turned around to find Andrew down on one knee.  The rest was a blur but I know I got out the word – Yes!  It was perfect.  - Nadine
 
One of my faves of them...
When I think about life with Nadine, I think about how I will be able to spend every evening with her after work, every morning waking up and seeing her next to me, and every weekend day that we will be able to hang out and relax without worrying about all the household chores we will need to do and who’s place we will hang out. I look most forward to eating her wonderful cooking every night, as she really loves to make big, fancy meals at night after work (haha). Really, I just look forward to spending more and more time with my best friend and the woman I love, making new experiences and memories as we go forth in our lives. It is really exciting to me that from the wedding on, we will be able to describe what we do and what we have as “ours,” especially when we will call a place “our home.”


Book your engagement session today at www.jenn-wagner.com



No comments:

Post a Comment